With the rise of gastronomic experimentalism, the evolution of sake cocktails has proven the notion that it’s not just for sipping neat. Enjoyed in many different ways, sake has now created a popular cocktail variation, carrying hints of fruit and a light, fresh sweetness.
Want to surprise mom for Mother’s Day with a special sake cocktail just for her? For those who prefer a mixture of flavours and something a little lighter, enjoying sake as a cocktail can really add a fragrant and dynamic twist to your experience. A variety of cocktails have been popping up all over the world, so we’ve selected 3 super easy must-try recipes.
Cocktails are also a great way to enjoy different types of sake, however today we’re going to use 3 from our sommelier’s recommendations at SAKEDEN.
With a fresh twist to the traditional sweet and sour vodka cocktail, this version with sake adds a sophisticated taste to the world renown drink.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Coinreau, sake, cranberry juice, and lime juice, then fill the rest of the way with ice and shake well to combine. Strain into the chilled glass.
- Twist the lime over the drink, then drop it in , add a garnish of your choice and serve immediately.
Strawberry & Lychee Cocktail
For those who prefer a deliciously fruity affair, this sake cocktail recipe delivers an explosion of flavour and a melt in your mouth sweetness.
- 45ml of Meguro Gorosuke Sake
- 15ml Lychee juice
- 2 Strawberries, quartered
- 2 Lychees, quartered
- 15ml Lime
- Muddle the lychees and strawberries together.
- Pour in sake and lime.
- Add ice and shake, shake, shake.
- Pour into glass.
- Garnish with lychees on a toothpick or a citrus peel
The Lychee & Orange Blossom
Made with a dry sake and the sweet tropical aroma of lychee fruit. Best served shaken and chilled, this cocktail is the perfect fruity addition to an evening dinner and celebration.
- 60ml lychee water (from canned lychees)
- 12ml cup sake
- 125ml crushed ice
- 7ml Orange Blossom extract
- 15-20ml corn syrup
- Lychee, for serving
- Put all ingredients into a shaker. Shake well.
- Pour in glass and put 2-3 pcs lychee per glass.